Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Crazy Cooking Challenge: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge

Here we are....my second month of doing the Crazy Cooking Challenge! Last month's cooking challenge post went off with a few issues (my fault), but I am hoping that this month's will go much smoother.

This month's challenge is FUDGE! I searched through so many fudge recipes before finally finding 2 recipes that I wanted to try. It was so hard to choose which one I wanted to make, but chose this one to make after hearing it was "the bomb"!!! So '90s, but I loved that and it made me want to make this fudge even more!!!!

Bake at 350 is a great blog that I follow on a daily basis. Bridget has some awesome recipes and I am excited to see new ones posted. While bored on Facebook one day I saw her posting that her chocolate chip cookie dough fudge was "the bomb"!!! Well, if it's the bomb, I have to make it! And if it's the bomb, then it HAS to be the recipe I use for the cooking challenge!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
(as adapted by Bake at 350)






INGREDIENTS:
Blog pic fail......no cream or milk in the picture.....oooops!

1 3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup milk
1 TBSP corn syrup
3/4 tsp salt
2 TBSP unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
-Oil an 8x8 pan
-Bring the sugar, brown sugar, cream, milk, syrup, and salt to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat

-Stir occasionally with a heatproof spatula


-Boil to 242 degrees, stirring frequently


***You will need a candy thermometer! I had to go out to buy one and found it comical....
Who would like a hard ball of soft crack??? Drugs anyone!?!?!! LOL! Do not use your candy thermometer to make drugs, please!

Ok, back the recipe....sorry about that! :/

-Remove from heat and stir in the butter, vanilla, and flour


-Pour the syrup into a 9x13 pan

-Set aside and allow to come to room temperature; about 20 minutes

-Scrape the syrup into the bowl of a stand mixer
Scraping it was a lot harder than I had expected.....the doggies got to sample a few pieces that flung off onto the floor! Hehehe!

-Beat on medium speed with a paddle attachment until the fudge thickens and holds its shape, about 3-5 minutes

-Scrape into the prepared 8x8 pan and spread evenly with an offset spatula
I used my [clean] hands to press the fudge down and shape it into the pan.....way easier than using the spatula! ;)

-Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the fudge and press them down lightly into the fudge

-Let the fudge cool and set, at least 2 hours, or 30 minutes in the refrigerator
-Cut into squares or any shape your heart desires, and then store in an air tight container (I have kept mine in the fridge!!!)

I hope you enjoy this tasty treat! I was shocked by how much it actually tastes like chocolate chip cookie dough!

I want to thank Tina at Mom's Crazy Cooking for hosting these cooking challenges, as well as a HUGE thank you to Bridget at Bake at 350 for this amazing recipe!

Until next month's cooking challenge.......



Photobucket


10 comments:

  1. I chose this recipe as well. It was delicous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, chocolate chip and fudge my TWO most favorite things, I am pinning this for sure! Come visit me, I am link 60 double decker fudge!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. I love that blog too. You did a lovely job with your fudge. Adore the pics with the candy thermometer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the cc cookie dough in our house! Great pick!! I hope you'll stop by and visit my CCC post for Bailey's Irish Cream and Pistachio Fudge.

    :)
    ButterYum

    http://butteryum.blogspot.com/2011/12/baileys-irish-cream-and-pistachio-fudge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you repeatedly voting for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous.....I don't believe you can vote more than once for the same recipe, so no, I am not repeatedly voting for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds so good. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cookie dough AND fudge?!?! I might just be in sugar heaven! :-) This looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Several people made this recipe. It must be good!

    ReplyDelete