Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Crazy Cooking Challenge: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge

Here we are....my second month of doing the Crazy Cooking Challenge! Last month's cooking challenge post went off with a few issues (my fault), but I am hoping that this month's will go much smoother.

This month's challenge is FUDGE! I searched through so many fudge recipes before finally finding 2 recipes that I wanted to try. It was so hard to choose which one I wanted to make, but chose this one to make after hearing it was "the bomb"!!! So '90s, but I loved that and it made me want to make this fudge even more!!!!

Bake at 350 is a great blog that I follow on a daily basis. Bridget has some awesome recipes and I am excited to see new ones posted. While bored on Facebook one day I saw her posting that her chocolate chip cookie dough fudge was "the bomb"!!! Well, if it's the bomb, I have to make it! And if it's the bomb, then it HAS to be the recipe I use for the cooking challenge!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
(as adapted by Bake at 350)






INGREDIENTS:
Blog pic fail......no cream or milk in the picture.....oooops!

1 3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup milk
1 TBSP corn syrup
3/4 tsp salt
2 TBSP unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
-Oil an 8x8 pan
-Bring the sugar, brown sugar, cream, milk, syrup, and salt to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat

-Stir occasionally with a heatproof spatula


-Boil to 242 degrees, stirring frequently


***You will need a candy thermometer! I had to go out to buy one and found it comical....
Who would like a hard ball of soft crack??? Drugs anyone!?!?!! LOL! Do not use your candy thermometer to make drugs, please!

Ok, back the recipe....sorry about that! :/

-Remove from heat and stir in the butter, vanilla, and flour


-Pour the syrup into a 9x13 pan

-Set aside and allow to come to room temperature; about 20 minutes

-Scrape the syrup into the bowl of a stand mixer
Scraping it was a lot harder than I had expected.....the doggies got to sample a few pieces that flung off onto the floor! Hehehe!

-Beat on medium speed with a paddle attachment until the fudge thickens and holds its shape, about 3-5 minutes

-Scrape into the prepared 8x8 pan and spread evenly with an offset spatula
I used my [clean] hands to press the fudge down and shape it into the pan.....way easier than using the spatula! ;)

-Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the fudge and press them down lightly into the fudge

-Let the fudge cool and set, at least 2 hours, or 30 minutes in the refrigerator
-Cut into squares or any shape your heart desires, and then store in an air tight container (I have kept mine in the fridge!!!)

I hope you enjoy this tasty treat! I was shocked by how much it actually tastes like chocolate chip cookie dough!

I want to thank Tina at Mom's Crazy Cooking for hosting these cooking challenges, as well as a HUGE thank you to Bridget at Bake at 350 for this amazing recipe!

Until next month's cooking challenge.......



Photobucket


11 comments:

  1. I chose this recipe as well. It was delicous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, chocolate chip and fudge my TWO most favorite things, I am pinning this for sure! Come visit me, I am link 60 double decker fudge!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. I love that blog too. You did a lovely job with your fudge. Adore the pics with the candy thermometer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe for the Crazy Cooking Challenge, it is fun cooking with you!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love the cc cookie dough in our house! Great pick!! I hope you'll stop by and visit my CCC post for Bailey's Irish Cream and Pistachio Fudge.

    :)
    ButterYum

    http://butteryum.blogspot.com/2011/12/baileys-irish-cream-and-pistachio-fudge.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you repeatedly voting for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anonymous.....I don't believe you can vote more than once for the same recipe, so no, I am not repeatedly voting for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cookie dough AND fudge?!?! I might just be in sugar heaven! :-) This looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Several people made this recipe. It must be good!

    ReplyDelete