Thursday, December 1, 2011

Eggnog Fudge

It is the first day of December. Where has this year gone? In only 24 more days it will be Christmas!

I love this time of year, but with Christmas just a few weeks away, the stress has set in to get my shopping done. It is so hard to know what to get people when they don't tell you what they want. I never know what to get anyone. Thankfully this year my sister told me what she wanted!!!! She wanted me to bake her stuff and send it to her in New York. This is something I could do! ;)

I asked my sister what she wanted me to bake.....

She told me anything......

So I said I could make her some cookies......

She said "nooooo........."

So I said cupcakes.......

Again she turned that down.......

Who turns down cookies and cupcakes?

My sister does, that is who.........LOL!

She finally said she would like for me to make her fudge!

Well good thing I know how to do that too. We discussed flavors of fudge and she liked the idea of an eggnog fudge.

Eggnog is delicious and any excuse to buy some is a good thing for me! :)

So this is for you, Ashley!!!!!


Eggnog Fudge
(adapted from Recipe Girl)






INGREDIENTS:



2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
3/4 cup eggnog
10.5 oz white chocolate  (the original recipe calls for a bar chocolate, but I used an 11 oz bag of white chocolate chips. If using a bar, chop up into small pieces)
1/2 tsp nutmeg, plus more for sprinkling on top of fudge
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
1 tsp vanilla extract (the original recipe calls for rum extract, but I only had vanilla extract, but definitely try the rum extract!!!)
**And don't forget that candy thermometer!!! :D


DIRECTIONS:


-Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and then spray with non-stick spray or grease with butter

-In a 3 quart sauce pan combine the sugar, butter, and eggnog


-Bring to a rapid boil, stirring constantly


-Continue boiling for 8 to 10 minutes or until temperature reaches 234 degrees, stirring constantly to prevent scorching


-Once at 234 degrees, remove from heat and immediately stir in white chocolate and nutmeg until the mixture is smooth (make sure you work quickly to prevent the mixture from setting up)

Stir it up!

Now for a little nutmeg!

All smooth! :)


-Then mix in the marshmallow creme and vanilla (or rum) extract
Kind of looks like ice cream with caramel sauce! Yum!

Swirls of marshmallow and eggnog! Mmmmm!!!!! <3

Don't forget the vanilla!


-Pour mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with nutmeg
Pour it in!

Pre-nutmeg sprinkles

Post-nutmeg sprinkles


-Allow to cool, then cut into squares for serving! :)
*You can place in refrigerator to speed up the cooling process

I hope my sister enjoys this fudge!

If not, there is always another flavor she can try! ;)


Are you guys getting ready for Christmas shopping or are you all done with it? I need some creative ideas on how to box up my baked goods that I am going to be making people.


Have a great night all!!!!
<3 Amy





No comments:

Post a Comment