Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Foodie Pen Pals Reveal!

The Lean Green Bean


I started doing the Foodie Pen Pals in March and have continued, but during my absence from blogging, I have failed to update what I have gotten each month.

This month I received my package from Brooke who blogs over at The Well Nourished Traveler. She sent me some stuff that I had never tried before, and even something that I was scared to try at first (although I don't really know why, but just was). Brooke also has the same "fear" of seaweed as I do and was kind enough to NOT include any in my package! Thanks Brooke!!!!


In my package I received:

-Steel Cut Oats
-Organic pumpkin seed cheddar crackers
-Organic whole wheat spaghetti noodles
-Fig and Hazelnut spread (this is what I was afraid to try)
-Some dark chocolate
-A cute little note!

When I opened the package the first thing I dug into were those crackers! Yum!!!! I was so afraid to try the fig spread. Like I said, I have no idea why.....I LOVE fig stuff, and hazelnuts......once I dug in, though, I couldn't stop! That stuff is so tasty. It has lemon zest in it and it shines through. Its very refreshing, not too sweet, and went so well with those crackers! I need to know where she got that stuff so I can go buy more! LOL!

I have always wanted to try steel cut oats since I eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast, but just haven't been able to break myself out of my normal cycle. Guess now I have NO excuse NOT to try them! I hear they are so much tastier than regular oatmeal.....maybe I am afraid I won't go back to cheap  oats! ;)

Pasta is not a big part of my diet (go ahead, send the hate my way). I will make something, though with these noodles.....hey, they ARE whole wheat! Maybe I will make some sketti to carb load before my next half!?!?! :D

As far as the chocolates go......you can't go wrong with chocolate! <3 Yum!!!!


Thanks Brooke for all these wonderful goodies!


If you want to see what I sent the wonderful Kelly, head on over to her cute blog, Cupcake Kelly's and check it out!!!! :D


If you are interested in becoming a Foodie Pen Pal yourself (which you should since it's so much fun!!!!), head on over to Lindsey's blog! Here are the details, though....



Foodie Penpals Terms & Conditions
“By signing up to participate in Foodie Penpals, you are hereby agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
-Condition 1: You will contact the person you are matched with withing 72 hours of receiving your match to discuss dietary needs, allergies and food preferences.
-Condition 2: You will make an effort to meet the dietary needs of your penpal- ie not sending animal products to vegans, dairy products if your match tries to avoid dairy or junk food if they ask for healthy snacks.
-Condition 3: You will mail your box by the 15th of the month. It is HIGHLY recommended that you purchase delivery confirmation/get a tracking number for your package. It is very inexpensive and can be used to prove that you sent your package in the event that it gets lost.
If your match does not receive a package for the month, you will receive a warning. If it happens two months in a row, you will no longer be able to participate in the program
-Condition 4: In the event that you do not receive a package, Lindsay and The Lean Green Bean blog cannot be held accountable. By agreeing to participate in FPP, we cannot 100% guarantee that you will receive a package. The mail gets lost occasionally and your partner may fail to deliver.
-Condition 5: Using the foodie penpals email list to send out personal or spam emails promoting your blog, giveaways, etc is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Doing so is grounds for immediate dismissal from the program as it is a violation of the other participants’ privacy.
Failure to comply with these terms and conditions is grounds for dismissal from the Foodie Penpals Program.”

No comments:

Post a Comment