Friday, August 26, 2011

Amy's Kickin' Buffalo Chicken Sandwich


I never used to be into buffalo wings or anything "buffalo" flavored!!! I know what you're thinking.....who the hell DOESN'T like buffalo wings? A krazy lady, that is who! ;) It wasn't until about a year ago that I actually started getting a taste for that spicy, savory sauce. Once those taste buds were activated, though, it was ON! I couldn't get enough. I craved buffalo wings and anything with buffalo wing sauce on it, all the time! Well, one weekend, the hubs and I (and a few friends) headed out to Blythe to chill in the water. We stayed in this "resort" place. People own homes in this "resort" and it's a little tight nit community. It was a cute little place. Inside this community was a little restaurant and we ate there one night. They had a buffalo chicken sandwich on the menu. I read what was in the sandwich, and me being "healthy" and calorie conscience, I asked for them to leave off the ranch dressing and to put it on a wheat bun instead of white. Now, this little place was nothing fancy, but super cheap (4 of ate there for a whopping $24!!!!! Yes, you read that correctly, that was NOT a type-o......$24 for 4 people to eat, including beverages!) Anyways, our food came and I was set back by what was placed in front of me. I guess they didn't have wheat buns, so I got it on wheat bread, and not some high quality wheat bread, like Wonder Bread wheat bread. I kept an open mind, though, and took a bite........OMFG!!!! This was the most delicious buffalo chicken sandwich I had ever sank my teeth in to. I realized that I needed to make this at home, so that is exactly what I did.....only with MY spin on it! ;)

So here you have it.....my Kickin' Buffalo Chicken Sandwich.....in it's ghetto glory and all! :)

INGREDIENTS:
1 thinly sliced chicken breast, seasoned with whatever you want (I used garlic and onion powder and fresh ground pepper).
2 TBSP Buffalo Wing Sauce ( I use the kind by Sweet Baby Rays since there is no going wrong with SBR!!!)
1 slice pepper jack cheese (here is my spin on it! I love bleu cheese, but I like a good kick, so I used pepper jack)
1 slice of tomato
2 leaves iceberg lettuce
2-4 slices of onion 
2 slices whole wheat bread (I prefer to use Orowheat's Double Fiber bread)
The special Buffalo Wing Sauce!


Super yummy, healthy bread


Together! ;) 


My frozen chicken breast.....needs to be grilled.....and no, that is not a breast enhancer chicken cutlet....I don't own any of those, ok!!!!!!!



DIRECTIONS:
-Grill chicken until it is no longer pink inside
-Spread 1 TBSP of buffalo wing sauce on each slice of bread
-Put completely cooked chicken on one slice of bread and cover with cheese
-Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, and other slice of bread

I cut it in half and eat one half and save the other for later. 

Calories: (half of the sandwich) 210

Enjoy with any side you want!!!! :) I got french fries with mine at the restaurant (so I guess I wasn't being TOOOOOO calorie conscience....lol), or at home, I accompany it with some baked Cheetos! Mmmmmmm!!!!!

Enjoy! :)
<3 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment