Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti

My dad made this spaghetti one time and for years it was the only spaghetti I would eat. I have since expanded my palate and enjoy a good plate of spaghetti, although I don't eat it often due to the high amount of calories it contains. Like most of my recipes, I do things the easy way. I am no culinary perfectionist, but I think I do make some pretty tasty stuff. Plus, working full time takes away time that I could be spending cooking (which I am fine with; I want to be a contributor in my family's income). The cool thing about this recipe is that you can make it as simple or difficult as you want, depending on the amount of time you have and how much you are wanting to put into it. I use jarred spaghetti sauce and canned chicken, but you can always buy a whole chicken and roast it and then shred it for the chicken used in this spaghetti. My dad always made a whole chicken, but like I said, I like to do things the easy way!

INGREDIENTS:
1 jar (any brand) 3 Cheese spaghetti sauce
1 block mozzarella cheese
2 cans chicken meat (like canned tuna, but its actually chicken.....)
Season salt
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Shell noodles

DIRECTIONS:
-In a sauce pan on medium-high heat, mix together sauce, chicken, and add as much seasonings as your little hearts desire!
-Shred 1/3 block of mozzarella cheese into sauce
-Bring to a boil
-Let boil, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
-Remove from heat
-Cook noodles as directed on package (use whole wheat noodles for added healthyness! ;) )
-Spoon out desired amount of noodles and then pour sauce over. Mix together until all shells are covered in sauce.
-Top with more fresh shredded mozzarella cheese

*The sauce will be an orangey color from all the cheese, but the mozzarella makes it super yummy!!!!! :D


Enjoy!
<3 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment