Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Better Than Sex Cake!!!!!!

Yes, that is right!!! A cake that is better than sex! ;) (well, I guess that all depends on a few things.....)

If you have never heard of this cake then you have been living a very sad life......

Chocolate, caramel, Heath bar, Cool Whip.......mmmmmmm!!!!

This cake is a diet breaker, but it is worth every calorie you consume. You can't help but to go back for seconds thirds ok, like fourths or fifths! It is so delicious! It is so rich and moist, but even with how rich it is, you want more!!! Crack cake may be a better name for it since it gets you hooked! This is the type of cake that you better get some NOW or it won't be there when you decide you want a piece!!!!

And don't bother cutting a small piece, because that is just a tease and your taste buds will have you begging for more like a crack addict without his fix! Hell, you may even lose some teeth from all the sugar in it!!! ;)

But, like with all good things, I am going to be mean and make you wait for this recipe. Don't get your panties all up in a bunch, you will be getting the recipe today.....but first I have to tell you something really exciting! :D

The other morning I was doing my daily routine (reading blogs that is) and came across one of my favorites: The Picky Eater. She was doing a Godiva coffee giveaway!!! Love me some giveaways! I entered (like I almost always do, just for fun). Well, a few days later I received an email saying I had been chosen [at random] and won the giveaway!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAA!!!!!!!! I was so excited!!! About a week later I received my package and was so excited to try the delicious coffee that was enclosed!

Enclosed were 2 types of Godiva Chocolate Coffee....Roasted Almond and Dark Chocolate Raspberry. Also, a travel coffee cup and an apron! I was so stoked for the apron (almost more than the coffee) since Zoey had chewed up my super awesomely cute one I got from Flirty Aprons!!! I have an apron again! Yay! :D

I immediately prepped my coffee for the next morning and decided to try the Dark Chocolate Raspberry one first. OMG! It was amazing! I loved it so much!

I tried the Roasted Almond one the next day and it was so tasty. I am still more fond of the Raspberry one, but the Almond was still heavenly! :)

So thank you to The Picky Eater for my wonderful new loot! :) Go check out her site and try some of her amazing recipes!!!! <3


Ok, so I have teased you with some yummy coffee, but I know your minds were all in a haze over that cake that deems to be "better than sex"......so here you go, no more foreplay for you, it's time to get down to the dirty business! ;)


Better Than Sex Cake
(this recipe was something I just acquired over time......should be in like the golden book of cakes! LOL)


INGREDIENTS:
1 box Devil's Food Cake mix (yes, I used a boxed cake mix for this! It's a poke cake, so why use good ingredients when its going to have stuff poured into holes in it????)
Ingredients for cake mix
1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
1 jar of Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch flavored caramel sauce
1 tub of Cool Whip
4-5 Heath or Skor bars, crushed (I used a combo of both, but personally, I prefer Skor over Heath)

DIRECTIONS:
-Bake cake according to directions on box

-Once cake is made and out of the oven, poke holes with the handle of a wooden spoon all over the cake

-Immediately pour entire can of sweetened condensed milk over cake. Spread all over and get into the holes

-Heat entire jar of caramel sauce in microwave for 30 seconds, then pour entire jar of sauce over cake

-Using a knife, go around the edges of the cake about 6 times to get sauce mixture on to the sides and in the cake



-Refrigerate until ready to serve

-Immediately prior to serving, spread entire container of Cool Whip over cake and top with crushed candy bars

-Snag a slice before it's all gone!!!!


This cake was made as a special request by my friend and co-worker, Lee Anne, for her birthday!!! Happy birthday Lee Anne!!!!!!! She turns the big 31 today! ;) What an old lady!!!! ;P


Have a great day and I recommend (like seriously recommend) you make this cake ASAP!!!!!!!!! Just do it....especially if you're PMS'ing, having a bad day, having a really good day, or need a little "pick me up"!!!!! It is guaranteed to put a smile on your face (just like good _____.....you can fill in that blank ;) ).


Oh and before I forget to tell you all!!! If you haven't already noticed, I added a new tab at the top of my page. Every day I am going to document my progress with the bootcamp I am doing!!!! Check it out and follow my butt kicking! ;)

Thanks for all the love and support!!!

Much love!
<3
Amy






2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, what a cake. It might just be better than... ;) I can see how you'd eat fourths or fifths, I totally would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, even the people on diets at my work will eat some!!! It barely lasted to the next day! Haha!!

      Delete