Friday, March 30, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal Reveal

This is my first month participating in the Foodie Pen Pal "party" put on by Lindsey at The Lean Green Bean. I was super excited to find out who I was sending a food package to and to find out who was sending one to me. 

Being my first month, it was hard to figure out what to get my foodie pen pal, but I managed to find some stuff that I hope she will enjoy.

As part of the deal with the Foodie Pen Pal party, all packages must be mailed out by the 15th of each month. I was stoked when I received my package from an amazing girl named Sara just a few days after the "send deadline." Sara is from Ohio and sent me some awesome food gifts.

I opened the package and the first thing I pulled out was a little card. It was so sweet!!!! Sara said that she was a little jealous when she found out I live in California since we have such warm weather.....well Sara, I am just a little jealous that you reside in the state that is home to Cedar Point! :) I have been there once and it was so much fun. I also have family in Michigan who have season passes and go all the time!!! <3

Sorry, went off on a small tangent there. Anywho......here is what Sara sent me:
The first thing that caught my eye was that chocolate bar! OMG!!! Dark chocolate, cherries, and almonds! Talk about heaven wrapped in a pretty package! :) An added bonus, it's organic! Love it! I tore it open right away and had a bite! It was so delish! The ingredients are minimal and healthy!!!! So perfect! <3

The next thing I grabbed was the Buffalo-style cheese dip mix. Buffalo cheese dip......YUM!!!!!! I am a sucker for buffalo style and cheese. I am planning on using this on some kale chips in the near future!!!! Can't wait to see how that turns out! Mmmmm......my mouth waters just thinking about it!

Next up were the Larabars. I was really excited to see these added in the box. Surprisingly I have never had a Larabar. Sara sent a roasted nut bar and a peanut butter and jelly one. They were both delicious, but the peanut butter and jelly one took the cake of the two! I love that it's made from all natural ingredients, and dates are the main base in this bar! <3

I then grabbed the little bottle with the red cap.....this was a seasoning mix that looks to be made in Ohio! It is a beef seasoning and again I was really excited!!! I love seasoning my burger patties and we always like to grill up a tri-tip, so this will be a great new taste to an old classic in our household!!!!

The package of taco seasoning also made me happy......turkey tacos here I come!!!!!

Red curry paste......something totally unexpected and new to me! I have never made anything "curry" and can't wait to explore the possibilities with this paste!!!

Last, and certainly NOT least, 2 packages of Justin's Peanut Butter!!! I LOVE Justin's peanut butter.....what a great addition to my morning oatmeal. I have tried the honey peanut butter one (super YUM!!!), but have not tried the tradition peanut butter. With Justin's reputation, I have no doubts that it will be amazingly delicious!!!


Thanks so much Sara for all these awesome gifts and the sweet card! You rock!!!!

Until next month's FPP!!!

<3

1 comment:

  1. I just bought a jar of justins to try out the peanut butter. I use the hazelnut sometimes on my runs.

    I'm excited to get a box this month!

    ReplyDelete