Saturday, March 17, 2012

Kale Chips

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!! 


Hope you're all wearing your green today!!! 


If you are any crazy person like me, and are subscribed to [hundreds] of blogs, I am sure your email inbox has been blown up by St. Patty's Day treats all week long! I would love to say that I am posting a super awesome treat for you to rock your Irish holiday with, but instead, you are getting something else. 


My recipe IS green!!! :D 


But it's healthy....and I highly doubt it is Irish (well, kale might be Irish, IDK......).....


I also think that you will love it once you give it a try and become highly addicted like this girl has become (said girl being me...hahaha)!

Kale chips, I just can't seem to get enough. I love to experiment with different seasonings to make new flavors. They go quicker than I can bake them.

These yummy chips make an awesome healthy snack. I love to crumble them up and mix them with some popcorn, or add them to a salad for a little crunch! Try them any way you like, but just try them! Kale is so full of vitamins and gives you a big dose of healthyness!!!! :D


Kale Chips
Ranch seasoned kale chip I made


INGREDIENTS:
1 bunch of kale
Olive Oil
Seasonings of choice:
~Ranch seasoning
~Taco seasoning
~Garlic powder
~Onion powder
~Fresh pepper
~Sea salt
~Lawry's seasoning
~Fresh grated parmesan cheese
~The list is endless.....play around and see what you like
**I prefer to use low sodium seasoning packets or if I am doing my own seasoning, I omit the salt all together

DIRECTIONS:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees

-Remove leaves of kale from the stem

-Rinse and dry the leaves very well

-Place dry leaves in a ziplock bag

-Add in approximately 1 TBSP of olive oil to the bag and massage oil into the leaves

-Add in 1-2 tsp of seasonings (if using a packet) or just add in as much as you want
*I didn't measure any of the "free seasonings". This will be a trial and error recipe, but I believe you can't really have too much flavor! ;)

-Shake around in the bag and massage the seasonings on the leaves

-Evenly place the kale leaves on a baking sheet with no leaves overlapping

-Bake for 8-10 minutes, checking after about 7 minutes to make sure none are burning

***Kale is very delicate and will burn quickly. I don't mind the burnt pieces, but some of you may not. Just keep checking and adjust your time as needed for future batches


I really hope you enjoy these "potato chip" alternatives as much as I do!

Have a happy and safe "Green Beer" day!!!!!

<3
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment