Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mini Chicken Quinoa Meat Loaves

I enjoy trying new things. The hubby, not so much. I have a tendency to "throw things together" and will eat whatever the outcome may be. They hubby.....he wouldn't touch it.

In the attempts of creating healthier meals [for myself, obviously] I have started to explore new "health foods". One of my favorite new things is quinoa! It is so tasty!!!! I have started to incorporate it my meals almost daily!!!!

The other day I decided to make a meatloaf for dinner.....well, a meatloaf for the hubs! A meatloaf sounded soooooooooooo good though, so I decided to slap a "healthy" meatloaf for myself. I had some ground chicken that needed to be used up, quinoa, and of course bell peppers (since you can't have a meatloaf without bell pepper chunks)!!!! So in a big bowl I mixed everything together and used my handy dandy new muffin baking dish to make a bunch of mini loaves!!!! :)

Mini Chicken Quinoa Meat Loaves
INGREDIENTS:
1 lb ground chicken
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 packet Lipton's Onion soup mix
1 egg
1/2 cup water
Tapatio (more or less to your liking of spiciness)
2 TBSP Stub's BBQ sauce (you can use any kind of BBQ that you would like, but Stub's is a low-carb sauce)
3/8 cup panko bread crumbs

DIRECTIONS:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
-(If muffin pan is not non-stick, spray with a non-stick baking spray) Scoop meat mixture into muffin pan cups
-Bake for 30-45 minutes
-Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving
I added an onion to the top of each muffin!

These were so yummy!!! Since I made 6 of them I froze the others for future meals.

You can also make this in a loaf pan and make a whole meat loaf if you are making for more than one person! ;)

Hope you all enjoy these little loaves of meat!!!! ;)

Have a great night! <3

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment