Monday, October 3, 2011

Beef Short Rib Stroganoff........in a Crock Pot! :D

Oh Monday, how glad I am that you are over and done with. This just means we are that much closer to the weekend. I decided last night to prep a crock pot dinner for tonight (remember that from yesterday's post?). Davey loves beef stroganoff, so I knew it would be a safe recipe to attempt. I put [almost] all of the ingredients into the pot and stored it in the fridge until this morning.

First thing this morning I took the pot out and placed it in the cooker and let it go!!!! When I came home at lunch time the smell in my house was crazy!!!! I already could NOT wait for dinner time to dive into this smelly goodness.

After truckin' along at work for another 4 hours, I headed home to add the remaining ingredients and cook the noodles. At last, it was time for dinner. The hubs and I sat down to eat and we both really liked it. This dish isn't the same kind of stroganoff that we are used to....aka.....Hamburger Helper's stroganoff! Yes, that is right, we are were HUGE HH fans. After making this, no more Hamburger Helper stroganoff for us!!!!!


Beef Short Rib Stroganoff
(as adapted from Kraft; changed slightly)

INGREDIENTS:


4 lbs beef short ribs
5 TBSP flour; divided
2 TBSP oil (I used EVOO)
1 cup sour cream
1 package (8oz) whole mushrooms, cut into quarters
1 onion, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup reduced sodium beef broth
2 tsp paprika; divided
1 1/2 tsp salt; divided
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 (16oz) package egg noodles


DIRECTIONS:


-Mix 4 TBSP flour, 1 tsp paprika, and 1/2 tsp salt in a medium-sized bowl
-Coat the meat with the flour mixture until all sides of the ribs are covered
-Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat
-Add meat to skillet and brown all sides; about 5 minutes
-Place ribs in slow cooker (aka crock pot)
-Top meat with remaining paprika, salt, veggies, garlic, pepper, broth, and Worcestershire Sauce

-Cover with lid and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, or on HIGH for 6 hours
-Once cooked, skim through the mixture and remove all bones

-Add remaining flour and the sour cream; mix well
-Continue to cook for 15-20 minutes
-In the meantime, cook noodles as directed on the package
-Drain noodles and top with stroganoff mixture


Yumminess on a plate! (Don't you just love my cracked plate????) This dish tastes A LOT better than it looks!!!!

After we were done eating, I used a turkey baster to remove the excess fat juices before storing.

Hope you will enjoy this yummy dinner one night!

After dinner, I did the MOUNDS of dishes I had and then decided to do a workout which included sets of 10 push-ups, then run for 5 minutes, 10 more push-ups, run for 5 more minutes, then immediately jump into an ab workout. I did hill repeats this morning, alternating between running and walking on a 12% incline. Man, that kicked my butt, but I felt like my behind needed a little more kickin'!!!

I am now showered and getting ready to go snuggle up in bed with Davey and the piggies (Zoey has her own bed). Before I go, though, here is day 12 of the photo challenge.....

Day 12: Close Up


I wanted a picture of the hubster and me at a bar in Vegas. Well, he had used the camera prior and didn't tell me he had zoomed in. So, when I went to take the picture, this is what we got! We both had a good laugh and then I proceeded to take one more picture....this time zoomed out! :) At least we don't have anything hanging out of our noses or in our teeth! ;)

Have a peaceful night all, and don't forget that tomorrow is October 4th......this means that Apple is having their big conference thing and we [should] be seeing the new iPhone 5!!!! Woooooo! Ok, enough geekiness from me now!

Good night! <3
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment