Saturday, October 1, 2011

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread with Spiced Glaze

Hello Saturday! It has been such a beautiful and warm first day of October here in SoCal.

The other day I asked which recipe I should make for this weekend and Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread was the most popular. This was actually perfect since I had to bake something special for a friend and co-worker for her birthday this coming week and she told me something with pumpkin!!! Score! I got to kill two birds with one stone! I am always excited to bake each weekend and this weekend was NOT an exception. I was VERY excited to finally be making something with pumpkin!!!! Fall is the best time of year for all the great baking that comes out of the oven!!!! I <3 Pumpkin!!!!!!!

I found this delicious recipe from Cheeky Kitchen and have been waiting for the perfect time to make it. I decided to add my own spin on it by adding some pumpkin pie spice and a spiced glaze, like one used on Starbuck's Pumpkin Scones! I thought this would add a little extra flare to the bread. I found a wonderful pumpkin scone recipe from Brown Eyed Baker and used her glaze to top the bread!!!!

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread with Spiced Glaze


INGREDIENTS:


2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
15 oz pureed pumpkin (or 1 can of Libby's Pure Pumpkin)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (the original recipe didn't have the pumpkin pie spice and had you adding 1 TBSP cinnamon)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 bag (10 oz) cinnamon chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz cream cheese, cut in half lengthwise

DIRECTIONS:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a large bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar, and coconut oil.

-Beat until fluffy.

-Add the pumpkin puree, baking powder, salt, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spices
My first can of pumpkin opened and used for the season!!!!! <3



-Mix together just until combined.

-Fold in the cinnamon chips

 OMG I wanted to eat all the batter!!!! <3

-Grease and flour a large loaf pan

-Spoon all the batter into the pan

-Use a spoon to scoop a strip of batter from the center of the bread pan
-Place the cream cheese, edge-to-edge, in the middle of the batter (I found that is was easier to skip the previous step and just push the cream cheese into the center of the batter)
You see the cream cheese

-Cover the cream cheese with the batter
Now you don't!!! ;)

-Bake for about an hour (mine was done in about 54 minutes), or just until the center of the bread springs back to the touch.
-Cool completely before turning out of your bread pan
Can you say "YUMMMM"???? OMG! The amazing smell that filled my house from this being baked! It was so delicious! I wish that I could dig into it.....but I have to wait until the birthday girl's special day! :)

Glaze:

INGREDIENTS:
Ingredients for BOTH glazes

~Powdered Sugar Glaze
1/2 cup plus 1/2 TBSP powdered sugar
1 TBSP milk

~Spiced Glaze
1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 TBSP powdered sugar
1 TBSP milk
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 pinch ground ginger
1 pinch ground cloves

DIRECTIONS:
(directions are the same for both glazes, but make them separately)

-In a large bowl, mix together powdered sugar and milk

-Mix until creamy

-Pour powdered sugar glaze on top of cooled bread and brush across so it coats the entire top of the bread and drips down the sides
Sorry about the dark picture..... :/ My bad! :(



-Place bread in the refrigerator to allow the glaze to solidify
-Meanwhile, make the spiced glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar, milk, and spices

-Drizzle on top of the bread in a fancy design or however you want (I tried to get all fancy and use a frosting tip, but the glaze was so thin that it poured out of the tip while I was filling the bag......hehehe, so then I just used a large spoon to finish drizzling it on top)

-Refrigerate until glazes are solid
-Keep refrigerated. Take out and allow to come to room temperature before serving!


It is so hard to not cut into this loaf right now. I am glad that it is in the refrigerator so it is "out of sight and out of mind".....well, more out of sight than it is out of mind. 

While the bread was baking I decided to take the opportunity and go for a much needed run!!! It felt good to get all sweaty! LOL!!!!! But don't worry, I cleaned up before making the glazes and adding them to the loaf. 

Well, now this brings me to Day 9 of the photo challenge. Day 9 is something I made.....well how appropriate is that!?!?! Considering that I baked all day and MADE something!!! :D So, here you have it, Day 9......

Day 10: Something You Made

All I can say is "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"!!!!! 

Hope you all are enjoying your Saturday....now I best be getting back to the pile of laundry that currently occupies my bed!!!! ;)

Have a wonderful evening!
Much l<3ve,
Amy!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment