Friday, October 28, 2011

Butterfingers......made at home!

BuTtErFiNgErS!!!!!!! These have got to be one of the best candy bars ever created! I love them and can never have enough. I have never put much thought into what EXACTLY a Butterfinger is. All I know is that it is delicious and I don't care!

One night I was on Facebook (big surprise there!!! ;) ) and saw a post for homemade Butterfingers! What!?!?! Is that even possible? Me being the little curious one that I am, I had to check it out. The recipe.....it was short.....it was simple.....scarily simple......and consisted of Candy Corn!?!?!?!




Ok, weird, especially since I had never been a big fan of Candy Corn (until like 3 weeks ago when we received a baggy at the day job and now I just love it!!!! Yummmmm!!!!). I thought to myself, this is something I am going to have to try.

Well, with being days away from Halloween, the hubby and I have both been having very busy nights getting things ready for the upcoming desert season. This means getting the truck all ready to take out, getting my quad out and making sure everything runs right, dealing with trailers and all that good stuff. The other night while Davey was out in the garage working on stuff I got a craving for some chocolate peanut buttery yumminess! I thought to myself, this would be the perfect time to make those Butterfinger bars......so I did! :) Yup, just up and baking like that!!!!!


Homemade Butterfingers
(as adapted from In Katrina's Kitchen)


INGREDIENTS:
3 cups Candy Corn
1 cup Peanut Butter
Chocolate for dipping

DIRECTIONS:
-Place candy corn in a microwave safe bowl and heat up at 15 second intervals until candy corn has melted
-Add in peanut butter and stir like crazy!

This is what the mixture will look like! Mmmmmmm!!!!!

-Place mixture in a greased 8x8 pan and let cool for about an hour
-Melt chocolate and pour over the candy corn/peanut butter mixture
-Place in fridge until chocolate hardens
-Cut into any size you want and gobble up!!!!! :D



I used a baby food container to make mine! :) It worked really well, just made one FAT Butterfinger, but nothing wrong with that, right?



I couldn't believe how much it tasted like a real Butterfinger! I used dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, but it still tasted so good! It's not crispy like a true Butterfinger, but it was still delicious!


Off to workout I go now!!!! Again, have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Love of <3,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment