Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

How was everyone's 4th of July? Mine was great! Pretty relaxing, which is something I totally needed! :)

I made some cupcakes.....

Davey and I hung out at home and chilled until we decided, last minute, to head to a friend's house for a bbq. Our friend made some amazing ribs! Yum!!!! I love ribs!!!! :D I didn't get any pictures at the bbq....sorry for that.....but there were a lot of people I didn't know and didn't want to be that "weird" person taking random pix of people I don't know! LOL! It was a gorgeous day though!!!

Still too chilly for my liking, but the heat is coming up this weekend! :D


We left the bbq around 6:30 and came home. Davey immediately went and vegged on the couch while I got my breakfast and lunch ready for the next day. He then turned on Make It or Break It.....do any of you watch that show? We are so addicted! LOL!!!! Being a gymnast in my youth, I get sucked in to all the excitement! ;)

At 9pm, the fireworks started! We are lucky enough to be able to see them from our backyard. There is a sports park across the street from our housing tract and they set them off every year! The only downfall.....our neighborhood becomes a mad house for people parking and walking down to the park....


This picture doesn't do it justice, but if only you could see around every corner....it makes for great people watching though! ;)

Davey lit a fire in the fire pit for me since I was chilly....even with my sweatshirt and UGGs on! I am always cold....hence the fact that 75 degrees was too chilly for me today! I love having a fire pit in my backyard! Even on a warm night, it's still nice to light it up and sit around it! :)


The fireworks show lasted about 30 minutes. It wasn't one of the best I have seen, but it wasn't too bad either. As soon as it ended, we headed back inside and went straight to bed. A 4am wake up call was in my near future and I needed to get my beauty rest!



Happy 4th to you all and have a wonderful Thursday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment