Monday, July 30, 2012

Here we go again!

Week 2 of boot camp started this morning!

My legs were so sore from yesterday's workout....good thing today was arms again! ;) I decided to push myself harder and use heavier weights! Last week I only used my 5 pound weights to complete the exercises......this morning I used 10 and 15 pounders! Woooooo!!!! I also pushed through more reps before I fatigued! Getting stronger each day! Love it!

After burnin' up my arms, it was time for a little treadmill run! I decided to still run on the recovery portions of the HIIT workout, but at a slower speed than my intense interval. I completed the 20 minutes and then did a nice cool down.....and added a 1 minute sprint into it! Hehehe! Just to kick it up a notch for me!

Love burning those calories! :D
Last night I decided to cut up my dragon fruit I had bought from the Farmer's Market (I had honestly forgot about it being in my fridge....hehe). They are just such an amazingly beautiful fruit.....probably the most amazing fruit EVER!!!!


No filter needed for this beauty!


Hot pink is my favorite color (and magenta.....) and this fruit is definitely the definition of my favorite color! Maybe that is why I love it so much! If you have never had one before, I highly recommend you try it, at least once. The taste is nothing exciting, in fact, it doesn't have much flavor/sweetness to it. If you were to close your eyes and eat it, you would think you were eating a kiwi with little flavor. It is said to have some great health benefits:


Health Benefits of Dragon Fruit:

  • As dragon fruit is a good source of antioxidants, it prevents free radicals and protects from causing cancer and other health detriments from entering your body.
  • This fruit helps in neutralizing the toxic substances such as heavy metals. Besides, high blood pressure and cholesterol levels can be reduced by consuming dragon fruit.
  • Regular consumption of this aids in fighting against cough and asthma.
  • This has high amounts of vitamin C and helps in healing bruises and cuts quickly, and enhancing the immune system.
  • Vitamin B2 present in dragon fruit acts like a multivitamin and helps to improve and recover the loss of appetite.
  • Vitamin B1 in this fruit helps in increasing the energy production and also in metabolizing carbohydrates.
  • Due to the presence of vitamin B3, it helps in lowering bad cholesterol levels. It improves the appearance of your skin by smoothing and moisturizing it.
  • It improves eyesight and prevents hypertension.
  • As it is a good source of phosphorus and calcium, it reinforces bones, helps in tissue formation and forms healthy teeth.
  • Regular consumption of dragon fruit decreases weight, thereby creates a well-balanced body.
  • Dragon fruit is also helpful in reducing blood sugar levels in people suffering from type 2 diabetes.

Not too bad for some weird fruit, huh? LOL!!!! 


So go try and find one and see what you think!!! :D

Have a great Monday! <3
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment