My legs were so sore from yesterday's workout....good thing today was arms again! ;) I decided to push myself harder and use heavier weights! Last week I only used my 5 pound weights to complete the exercises......this morning I used 10 and 15 pounders! Woooooo!!!! I also pushed through more reps before I fatigued! Getting stronger each day! Love it!
After burnin' up my arms, it was time for a little treadmill run! I decided to still run on the recovery portions of the HIIT workout, but at a slower speed than my intense interval. I completed the 20 minutes and then did a nice cool down.....and added a 1 minute sprint into it! Hehehe! Just to kick it up a notch for me!
|Love burning those calories! :D|
|No filter needed for this beauty!|
Hot pink is my favorite color (and magenta.....) and this fruit is definitely the definition of my favorite color! Maybe that is why I love it so much! If you have never had one before, I highly recommend you try it, at least once. The taste is nothing exciting, in fact, it doesn't have much flavor/sweetness to it. If you were to close your eyes and eat it, you would think you were eating a kiwi with little flavor. It is said to have some great health benefits:
Health Benefits of Dragon Fruit:
- As dragon fruit is a good source of antioxidants, it prevents free radicals and protects from causing cancer and other health detriments from entering your body.
- This fruit helps in neutralizing the toxic substances such as heavy metals. Besides, high blood pressure and cholesterol levels can be reduced by consuming dragon fruit.
- Regular consumption of this aids in fighting against cough and asthma.
- This has high amounts of vitamin C and helps in healing bruises and cuts quickly, and enhancing the immune system.
- Vitamin B2 present in dragon fruit acts like a multivitamin and helps to improve and recover the loss of appetite.
- Vitamin B1 in this fruit helps in increasing the energy production and also in metabolizing carbohydrates.
- Due to the presence of vitamin B3, it helps in lowering bad cholesterol levels. It improves the appearance of your skin by smoothing and moisturizing it.
- It improves eyesight and prevents hypertension.
- As it is a good source of phosphorus and calcium, it reinforces bones, helps in tissue formation and forms healthy teeth.
- Regular consumption of dragon fruit decreases weight, thereby creates a well-balanced body.
- Dragon fruit is also helpful in reducing blood sugar levels in people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
Not too bad for some weird fruit, huh? LOL!!!!
So go try and find one and see what you think!!! :D
Have a great Monday! <3