Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Clean Eating Turkey Meatballs and some Lean Legs!

Good morning and happy Tuesday.....if Tuesday can be a happy day! ;) I hate Tuesdays and Wednesdays since they are my late days at work. Going to take advantage of the late start and meeting a friend for breakfast!!! Can't wait!

Starting late also means I get to sleep in a bit before having to drag my tired ass out of bed to workout! I LOVE working out, but getting out of bed is so hard to do!!!! At 4:30 I finally crawled out from under the blankets and got moving. Had a quick little pre-workout snack (1/4 of a dark cherry almond Clif Bar), lots of water, and a few sips of coffee.....NEED that coffee! LOL!

Today was day 2 of the Best Body Boot Camp and it was all about the leggies!!!! My arms are quite sore from yesterday's workout, so it was nice to work a different muscle group (you aren't supposed to work the same muscle group 2 days in a row).

The workout started right off the bat with wall sits!!! Oh goodness.....wall sits! I pushed myself so hard on the first one that I think it made the rest of my workout that much harder! Hahaha! Gotta love pushing yourself! It took me about 35 minutes to complete the "weight" portion of the workout and then it was on to the cardio.

Yesterday we did intervals, today was just a nice steady cardio workout. I chose (as always) to use my treadmill for this.

Came in just under 2 miles, but I was ok with this since my legs were wobbly from working them pretty hard!

I was a sweaty mess after today's boot camp session and was loving the endorphin high it gave me!!!

Check out those wall sit times....especially the first one! ;) Killed it! <3

HR stats!!!
I busted some balls on today's workout.....burning a whopping 452 calories! Oh yeah!!!! Gonna go eat me a good breakfast now! ;)

Speaking of balls (hehehe), I love meatballs! Davey, on the other hand, could go the rest of his life without ever eating one and still die happy! Who can do that? What kind of many did I marry?? Oh well, I guess that means more balls made of meat for me!!!! ;)

On my path of trying to eat clean, I am having to get creative with my meals. One thing I have been craving were meatballs, but they often contain ingredients that aren't so healthy, like bread crumbs, lots of salt, and are usually skillet fried in oil. That is no way to start off with a new [even] healthier lifestyle!!!

When I cook, I just throw whatever sounds good at the time into whatever mixture I am creating and hope for the best. Sometimes the recipe works out great, and other times it becomes a flop. These meatballs, though, were no flop! :D

Here is my first super healthy recipe for you all!!! I told you, changes were happening!!!! ;)

Turkey Meatballs
(created by me!)




INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 pound of 99/1 ground turkey (or ground chicken)
  • 1/8 cup Egg Beaters
  • Feta Cheese Crumbles (didn't measure.....)
  • Fresh Oregano, chopped (again, didn't measure, and it was fresh from my garden)
  • Fresh Cilantro, chopped 
  • ChoppedOnion 
  • Garlic powder
  • Fresh Ground Pepper
  • Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning
  • 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe's or Costco has their own....
  • Crushed Red Pepper
  • 1 TBSP Flaxseed Meal
  • 1 TBSP Oat Flour
  • EVOO



DIRECTIONS:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or your oil-less fryer like I used)
  • Mix all ingredients except the EVOO in a large bowl until all ingredients are incorporated
  • Form meatballs any size you want and place on cookie sheet, or in oil-less fryer
  • Spritz with a few sprays of EVOO and bake for 5 minutes
  • Flip meatballs over and spray again with the EVOO and let bake for 5-8 more minutes
  • Remove from heat source and enjoy!!!

These would be great mixed with some veggies, or in a salad, or even a healthy wrap! Yum!!!!

Hope you enjoy, and don't forget what I said......step outside your foodie comfort zone and give these a try! You just may be surprised on how yummy they are!!!! :D

Now, to end this long post with one quick cutie!!!! <3


Oh how I love my Bill Bill!!! <3


Have a great day all!

<3
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment