Sunday, August 19, 2012

Another year older! :D

Yes, that is a big grin after the phrase "another year older"!

I usually dread getting older, especially since I am inching towards 30 quicker than I imagined.

Yesterday I turned 28!!! My 10 year high school reunion just passed on Friday.....I am not in my early or even mid-20s anymore.....I am so totally in my late 20s!!!!

But you know what, I am OK with that.

About a week ago I had an epiphany......

Getting older isn't so bad. I am much more comfortable in my life now than I was even just 2 years ago. I don't know if it has anything to do with my weight loss, or just the fact that maturity is really setting in. It doesn't matter what the reason, but I am truly happy that this feeling has finally hit me.

I am more comfortable in my own skin and I no longer look at other girls and think "she has such a better body than me.....I hate my body".....I know that everyone has a different body style and I may look at someone and think that they have an amazing body, but instead of being jealous, I strive to work harder to have that kind of body.

I am also not ashamed to go out in public with no makeup on. My skin is nice for someone my age and I have learned to embrace it! I don't go out on a daily basis with no make-up on, but when I have to make a quick trip to the store or somewhere before I get the chance to fully get ready, it doesn't phase me!

Anywho.....on to my birthday celebration!!!!!!

My BFF, Deliesse, came down to spend the weekend with me. We met up on Friday and I did all my "necessity" shopping.....you know, Walmart, grocery shopping, Target trip.....you know, the weekly must-dos! We then met up with my hubby and headed to dinner at Claim Jumper. It was pretty good, as always. Deliesse then headed to her parents' house for the night.

Saturday held our big birthday plans.....

Well, don't expect anything exciting.....LOL.....like an impromptu Vegas trip, or zip-lining, or some really awesome hike up to a gorgeous view! ;) But what we did have planned was just the perfect birthday for me!!!! <3

It started with meeting up and heading to the mall to get our makeup done at MAC!!!! <3 We are both MAC junkies and needed some new makeup anyway.....so why not get ours done since we were planning on buying some anyway! ;)

Deliesse waiting to get her makeup done! <3
I love getting my face painted on for me. I do it everyday, but it's nice to have someone else do it for you for a change every now and then!!!!

Getting prettified!
I chose to go with some browns and coppers since I never use those colors, and the BFF went with what her girl called a "pink smoky eye"!!!


I loved Deliesse's eyes! Her girl did an amazing job! It matched her top so perfectly!!!!

I also loved my eyes! They weren't as dramatic as the BFF's, but still were gorgeous!


In the end, I ended up purchasing Woodwinked, Cranberry, and Mythology, as well as a lip gloss called Nymphette, and a 4-color pallet to hold my new colors!!! So excited!!!!

After our beauty session, we decided to wander the mall a bit and do some shopping! I got a new pair of jeans from Hollister and a new top and necklace from Tilly's. Yay for birthday money!!! :D

All that shopping made us both hungry and we decided to grab some lunch. Deliesse has been having a craving for Shōgun, so I decided we should go there. I had never been there before and was excited to try a new place! It was a lot of fun and the food was so yummy!!!! We both got lunch combos with the filet mignon. I got spicy chicken and she got shrimp to accompany the steak! She also told them it was my birthday, so our cook did an extra show for us!!! :D


Since the BFF is headed to Japan to visit some friends soon, she decided to give chopsticks a whirl......and being the supportive friend I am, I decided to eat my entire meal with them as well! It was quite tricky, but we both were starting to get the hang of it by the time we were full!

All ready for Japan!!!


Happy and full BFFs!!!!!!
After lunch we headed over to Target to grab a few things (see, I told you we were an exciting couple....;P). We both started to crave some froyo, so I am going to give you just one guess as to where we went next.....


Yogurt Island was calling our names, so across town we headed!!!! Mmmmmm!!! Delicious as always! <3 Yogurt Island is definitely the BEST frozen yogurt place I have had!!!!

Our birthday date was nearing to an end since Deliesse had to head south for another get together. She definitely made my birthday something special and a day to remember.....even if we didn't do anything too exciting! Being in the company of your best friend makes it all worth while!!! <3

Later in the evening the hubby and I went to dinner at Chili's and then came home and hung out. It was nice to just veg with Davey!!! <3

For my birthday I received many cards, which made me feel great, knowing that people were thinking of me on my special day!!!!


Thank you to everyone who made my day so very special and made me feel loved!!!! :D

Love you all!!!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment