Friday, August 31, 2012

Skinny No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie

Another birthday happened at the office this week!!! It was the birthday of a dear friend, Kim. I have known her since kindergarten, and after 22 years of friendship, we finally got the opportunity to work together! She is such an amazing person and I am so thankful that we have 22 years of memories and can't wait for many more!!!

I wanted to make her something yummy to celebrate, but with it being the middle of summer and the fact that I didn't have much time to make her anything, I decided on something simple and quick......and no-bake!!!!!

Working in an office full of girls means one thing.....we are all watching our waistlines! ;) I found this yummy looking pie on skinnytaste.com and knew I had to make it for her!!!! I whipped it together after work the night before her birthday in just under 10 minutes!!! Now that's summer "baking" for you right there!!!! Hehehe!!!

Skinny No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
(as adapted from SkinnyTaste)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 5 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (original recipe calls for Better 'n Peanut Butter, but I couldn't find it)
  • 8 oz fat-free frozen whipped topping (I used Cool Whip, but the original recipe calls for Truwhip)
  • Oreo pie crust (original recipe calls for reduced-fat graham cracker pie crust)
  • 3 TBSP Hershey's chocolate syrup

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together in a medium bowl
  2. Mix in peanut butter and mix until smooth
  3. Fold in whipped topping
  4. Spoon into pie crust and refrigerate for 2-3 hours
  5. Drizzle with chocolate syrup before serving


Mixing it up!

Finished pie!!! :D
My chocolate drizzles aren't so pretty, but it still tasted amazing!!!

This pie was a huge hit at work and especially with the birthday girl!!!!

Happy birthday Kimi....and to your brother, Ryan, as well!!!! Love you guys!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment